This past weekend, I decided it was time to do something with my bedroom lamp. The lampshade was a little too bo-ring compared to the rest of my room. So, I got out my hot glue gun and scoured my neglected scrapbook bin.
Now, I’m obsessed with my lampshade. Don’t you think it has an Anthropologie feel to it?
Here’s how you can get the look.
What You Need:
- embellishments of your choice (I got fabric flowers from the scrapbook section)
- hot glue gun and sticks
How You Do It:
1. Measure the top and bottom section of the shade for the ribbon border. Cut ribbon to size.
2. Hot glue the end of the ribbon to the shade. Go around the shade, placing a dot of glue every few inches as you go around. Repeat the process for the top border.
3. Dry fit your embellishments to get your desired look.
4. Once you’re satisfied with the look, hot glue the embellishments to the shade.
Try These Other Easy Crafts: